The Developing Leader Workshop
- Your first leadership role
- Duration: 2 day workshop
- Delivery: face-to-face (or virtual option available upon booking)
- Who? New leaders
Well done on the transition into your new leadership position. The Aptitude Management Developing Leader Workshop is designed to help participants gain the essential qualities for effectively leading others.
“Develop the essential leadership elements to thrive within your role.”
Effective managers continuously work on their professional development which is why they become outstanding at leading others. Now is your opportunity to take action.
In this workshop participants will learn and master a set of skills that can be applied in the workplace.
When you build on the core capabilities of being more influential, dynamic and productive, positive changes will occur.
Please note: This course also includes DISC® Profiling which assesses individuals on four behaviour styles that include either dominance, influence, steadiness or conscientiousness. This predicts how the individual is most likely to act/react to certain situations.
During this Leadership Development Program
- Begin to understand the key differences between the roles of leading and managing others.
- Learn about different leadership styles, why they are important and which ones to apply.
- Identify your current leadership strengths and maximise their use.
Further Advantages of Attending this Training
- Use the situational leadership approach to create more flexibility in handling challenging staff members.
- Improve your handling of conflict situations that can be so destructive.
- Deliver feedback in a way that better empowers your people.
- Learn specific planning and goal setting strategies that can be applied immediately.
Course Topics Covered
- Establishing your role as a workplace leader
- Identify your leadership style
- Introversion vs extroversion
- Leaderships theories and models
- Planning, goal setting and time management
- Employee development models
- Communication skills
- Dealing with workplace conflict
Managing disciplinary issues
All Aptitude courses are conducted through our Program Framework consisting of:
- Workshop booking consultation
- Trainer led skills gap analysis
- Tailored participant training plan
- Post workshop coaching
This management course is a great way for emerging leaders and/ or frontline managers to hone in on those skills needed for a long-term and successful career.
More than simple theory, our 2 day workshop includes live demonstrations, practical role plays, trainer led discussions and in-depth feedback and guidance.
All our training programs include a detailed learner guide, refreshments offered throughout the day and a sit down lunch.
Want us to Contact You?
Complete this form below to have a training consultant call you. There is no obligation and we’ll happily answer any questions about this course.
Aptitude Management Satisfaction Policy
If you attend a workshop and are unhappy with the course, simply inform us, and we will refund your fee in full Policy Conditions